- Item and material type.
- Service(s) requested.
- Required completion date.
- Detail and quality of provided drawing/art files.
- Raster images are made up of many tiny pixels and are better suited for photographs.
- Common raster file types are .png, .jpg, .gif, .tiff, and .bmp.
- Rather than pixels, these are formed using mathematical paths, and are the better choice for logos, illustrations, etchings, product artwork, engravings, signage, and embroidery-related works.
Please note that while rasterized images are acceptable for preliminary quotes and showcasing project requirements, all finalized projects require and use vectorized image files.
Vectorized drawing files are preferred, with the supported programs and file types being as follows:
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai + .pdf)
- CorelDraw (.cdr)
- AutoCAD (.dwg + .dxf)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg)
Quotations and mock-ups can be provided in 1-2 business days.
Depending on our schedule and the project requirements, our standard production turnaround is 3-5 business days.
Yes! Depending on the address and speed of delivery required, we can utilize the most popular and reliable shippers including Stampede Messenger, FedEx, Canada Post, UPS, and Loomis.
Etching is the process of marking the surface, while engraving is the (physical) alteration and removal of material, leaving a depression or groove.
Depending on the project requirements and the appropriate engraving method chosen, the depth can range from 0.003” – 0.015” or deeper, depending on the hardness of the material.
Durability based on marking method and applicable material:
- Whether using our laser, rotary or diamond drag equipment, this type of in-depth engraving will last as long as the substrate itself, and is impervious to chemicals or solvents, environmental conditions, or temperature changes.
- Please note that any enamel paint in-fill we provide is susceptible (over time), to harsh chemicals and solvents.
- When laser etching onto metals, the permanence of the marking is only affected with intentional and repeated physical contact. As this process involves marking the surface of the item or material, not going in-depth, it can eventually be removed with rigorous machine-sanding or re-brushing.
We do not support using Lexan plastic, due to how it reacts to our laser systems, which causes melting, burning, and hazardous fumes. Acrylic Plexiglass is more laser-friendly in this regard, which makes it the most popular plastic for us to work with.
More information about the differences between these materials can be found here:
Depending on the material type, we can cut paper-thin up to and including 12mm (1/2”)
- For rotary engraved projects that require paint in-fill and color matching, we use a pantone colour matching system to replicate the desired colors.
- For lamacoid plastics, we can source a wide range of color combinations that best suit your project requirements.
- With regards to acrylics, we stock basic colors including clear, black, white, matte, with other colors available as a special order.
While we can produce a myriad of items related to the signage and wayfinding industry, we do not provide any assembly or installation services. We recommend contacting the following businesses for assistance: